At East Hotel, we have always taken great pride in our high standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the hotel. However, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, we have introduced a range of upgraded cleaning protocols in addition to our already thorough processes to ensure everyone has increased peace-of-mind when they enjoy East Hotel, Joe’s Bar and Agostinis. These protocols include:
Our Team & You
- We have our COVIDSafe plan in plain view on entrance to the hotel outlining our capacity loadings.
- Every Team Member has undertaken the Australian Government Department of Health’s Infection Control Training – COVID-19 course as well as ongoing retraining programs on training protocols.
- Every Team Member takes their temperature at the commencement of their shift and is not allowed to work should their body temperature be at a rate in line with the World Health Organisations definition of a fever.
- Team Members are told to stay home should they feel unwell. Depending on their symptoms, they may be required to present a doctor’s certificate prior to returning to work.
- We ask that guests do not enter the premises should they feel unwell or display certain symptoms.
- We request the names and contact details of all visitors to site to create a traceable contact list in the event someone at risk has entered the property.
- We encourage all Team Members to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe smartphone application.
- Extra disinfection using an approved sanitiser against COVID on the top hightouch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles.
- Removal of high-touch items such as guest compendiums and minibars in rooms.
- The use of in-room ozone machines as required (when we learn a guest has felt unwell).
- We have amended our check-in and check-out process to minimise the amount of contact required.
Public Areas, Restaurant & Conferencing
- Enhanced cleaning and other changes to buffets (no more), in-room dining and meeting spaces.
- We continue to adjust our food and beverage service in accordance with current local and federal government guidelines.
- Guest-accessible sanitiser (minimum 70% ethanol level) throughout public areas and in public toilets.
- Social distancing continues to be a required practice in public settings. We’ve adjusted common areas to help guests adhere to these guidelines. During your visit to East, Joe’s and Agostinis, we ask that you are mindful of other guests and Team Members and maintain the suggested social distance guidelines. We do continue to monitor and adjust our social distancing signage and guidelines in
accordance with current local and federal government guidelines.